Posters can be a very effective means of conveying research results, teaching methods, extension programs, and other types of information to a diverse audience.
Advantages of poster presentations over oral presentations include information availability for a longer period of time and increased time for interaction with authors. Poster production need not be overly expensive and is a valuable investment with future uses (field days, other conferences, static displays, short course, etc.).
Information required to complete your submission:
- Presenter contact information
- Poster Title
- Abstract (limit 500 words)
- Relevance to Environmental Concerns in Rights-of-Way Management
- Brief description of visual presentation
- Poster abstracts due – June 30
- Acceptance of poster notification – July 17
- Set up
- Saturday, September 22 , 3:00 – 5:00 PM OR
- Sunday, September 23, 3:00 – 5:00 PM
- Presentations during the Symposium
- Posters will be on display in the exhibit hall Monday – Wednesday
- Please be at your poster over lunch on Monday and Tuesday to answer questions
- Tear down
- Wednesday, September 26, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Poster Specifications and Recommendations
- Cork boards measure 4’ tall by 8’ wide. One poster will be on one side of each board. Posters should not exceed the size of the poster board.
- This is a visual display. Large graphics and fonts are encouraged for ease of reading. Color will catch attendees’ attention. Borders and professionally printed posters will look most professional.
- Please include your contact information on your display materials in case an attendee would like to reach you with questions.
Detailed shipping information will be sent to all selected Poster Presenters 60 days out from the Symposium.